lunes, 26 de septiembre de 2011

The Defeat of my Life

Hi, today I am going to talk about a contest I entered and I remember it very well not only because it was a great contest but also because I lost it. I remember that day as if it was yesterday. It was a sunny day, no I am just kidding I don’t remember it very well. One day my parents told me that I would enter in a contest and I was very excited because I am extremely competitive and I like all kinds of challenges, so the day they told me I was a little confused but then after the explained to me I understand it very well, the game was about balloon explosions, the one who exploded all of his balloons first won the contest.

I know that this contest doesn’t seem like a big deal but at that age it was the best thing. So finally the day of the contest came and I was feeling nervous because I didn’t knew what would happen, so when I reached the place of the contest I was feeling even more nervous, you can imagine how I was feeling, it was a pretty big deal for me. The time of the contest was so near I could even imagine it how it would be. Finally after all the waiting the contest started we were like 6 kids competing, all the nervous feelings disappeared when it started, I knew that being nervous wasn’t going to solve anything, from the second it started I started exploding the balloons, I had to explode ten balloons in order to win.

At first I didn’t start very well the contest because It was really hard, for that age, but then something happened and I realized that I could do it so a t the middle of the contest I was one of the first three places and I knew I needed to be first so I could win, so in the second half of the contest I was very electric and I did everything very fast and it was so great because I really felt I could win, so I was so excited that I exploded the next three balloons very fast and I was going to win but something strange happen, somehow I couldn’t explode the ninth balloon and I tried and tried but I couldn’t and I was so frustrated that in no time the second place was tied with me.

I grabbed the last balloon and I was going to explode it and win the contest when the balloon slipped off my hands and flew away, when I went for it and I grab it the other kid had already won the contest, I was feeling devastated I couldn’t believe that I had lost the contest, being so close to winning that I thought it was impossible for me to lose, but unfortunately it happened. I was crushed because I felt that I had already won when the balloon slipped off.  After that day I saw all the contest from a different angle, every time I look at a contest it remembers me about the one I lost when I was little.

I think that the worst of the defeat wasn’t the defeat itself but the illusion I had of winning the contest, but that day showed me a very important lesson about defeat that I would never forget. It showed me that you don’t always win but you have to know how to win and how to lose because it is all part of life. I think that you need to know how to lose first in order to know how to win and that day showed me the importance of not only being a good competitor but also wanting to reach and even higher goal that is really the importance of having contest and competitions. Defeat is part of life and you need to know the difference between knowing how to lose and loosing that are two very different things. Even though I lost, I liked the experience and I will do it again until I finally succeed because that is my final goal. That is my story of the day.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario