lunes, 12 de septiembre de 2011

A great childhood memory

In all my life my biggest hobby has been soccer, not only playing it but watching it also. I have the advantage that I was born in a country where there is a national soccer league and that I can go to the stadium whenever I want. I have been in the stadium a lot of times in the course of my life, not only attending to watch the Guatemala national soccer team but also my favorite team from the national league called: Municipal, I have attended to many games of this club since 2000 until now I keep going because its very fun and it’s a great place to be. The event that I recalled the most and that I am going to talk about is when Municipal won the fifth straight championship (A new record of straight championships ever reached until now), this event happened on December of 2006, I remember it very well, it was a Sunday morning, 11:00 to be exact and I was getting to the stadium early in order to find a seat and be able to watch the game, I sat on my seat approximately 15 minutes earlier of the start of the match and I was feeling nervous because I knew that I could be in presence of an historic event. When the game started all the nervous feelings disappeared and I was anxious of seeing a great soccer match, as always in that time the stadium was absolutely full, 28000 people approximately supporting their favorite team, and the greatness of the game was that it was against the biggest rival, Comunicaciones, Municipal only needed a tie to become the champions so the kind of entered the game with that mentality, the first minutes where terrible for the team, very disorganized and without precision, at the 30th minute of play the worst thing that could happen occurred , comunicaciones took a shot and the ball passed the goalkeeper and went into the net, being the first goal for them, that was a wakeup call for Municipal they realized that they needed a goal in order to become champions, so the worst thing that could happen became one of the great things, they attacked and attacked and it was a very fun match since then, at halftime the game was 1-0 against my team so I was feeling kind of nervous about it but at the start of the second half, watching how the team was playing calmed me a little bit, and the pressure was so much that in one play at the middle of the second half the greatest thing happened Municipal scored the goal that would give the their fifth straight championship breaking a new record, the last few minutes where the most suffering minutes I have ever felt, my team was defending with all the players they had and the other team was attacking with all their players too, finally the greatest sound I have ever heard occurred, the sound of the referee’s whistle indicating the end of the match, the most exciting championship of all, the history made that day, the feeling that I felt on that day was indescribable, they have done what no other team had made in the entire Guatemalan history, and they had the right to celebrate with the more than 25000 fans that where supporting them. The moment of the ceremony occurred,  the time to crown the champion first the second place went to receive their medals and their runner up trophy when that part of the ceremony was over the real part of the ceremony began the moment to crown the champion, after each player receive their medals they were given the cup, and the moment of lifting the cup was the mostly remembered of all, when it happened exactly at the time the captain lifted the cup all the fireworks began to explode and was a great show, after they celebrated they started running through all the stadium, that day was a day I will never forget because it happened the event that I mostly recall from my childhood and from my entire life too, it is a great memory I will never forget.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario